Safe Places cannot do our work without committed volunteers. Volunteers allow us to find creative solutions to help our clients gain self-sufficiency in a way that we could not do before. Being a volunteer with Safe Places means being a support to our staff and clients as they work towards building stable lives free from abuse.
Safe Places offers volunteer roles and commitments for individuals interested in volunteering on a regular basis to opportunities for corporate or church groups interested in community service projects. At Safe Places, we work to match you with the best way to contribute for your schedule and your interests. If you are interested in donating your time review some of the available volunteer roles below, fill out an application using one of the buttons below or contact our Volunteer Coordinator at LaurenB@christianrelief.org.
- Administrative WorkWe always have the need for clerical help to assist with a variety of administrative tasks, data entry, special projects and help with correspondence. Please Note: Administrative volunteers must have availability Monday-Friday between 9 AM and 5:30 PM.
- Child CareVolunteers that provide childcare allow our clients to attend therapy, GED or ESL courses, interviews and court appearances. All Child Care volunteers must have experience caring for children, can provide references, be background checked, interviewed and fingerprinted.
- Driving VolunteerDriving volunteers assist our case managers when clients do not have a reliable mode of transportation. They may transport a client to a school meeting or court. These volunteers can also assist clients in learning their local bus routes so they can become more self-sufficient.
- Events VolunteerEvents volunteers assist with the planning and execution of fundraisers and other special events such as our Summer BBQ and Holiday Party for our clients or donation drives for holiday gifts and school supplies.
- Home TransformationGreat for groups, this is normally a half day event. Groups of volunteers act as a moving crew for the day! We rent a truck and you help us fill it with all of the items we need from our storage facility then unload them into the home. Groups then help make the beds, set up the kitchen, lay out rugs, hang artwork and more to turn the unit into a home. Finally, the group creates a “welcome home” sign to greet the new resident. Volunteers will be background checked.
- Hospitality BasketsGreat for groups or individuals, this is normally a two hour event. Hospitality baskets vary in type depending on time of year and current need of the clients. You may be creating welcome baskets with items like candles, artwork, house plants, cleaning supplies or kitchenware items in them, putting together back to school backpacks, thanksgiving bags, holiday gifts or pantry bags.
- Inventory VolunteerGreat for groups or individuals, normally a 4 hour event. Our storage facility is only useful if we know exactly what we have. Inventory Volunteers spend the day sorting through the items, categorizing them and organizing our storage facility. This is a big help to our staff so that we know what our biggest needs are and can offer clients items we already have on hand when the need arises.
- Pro BonoPro Bono volunteers donate their time through their professional capacities. Services needed include, but are not limited to: financial planning, resume and job search assistance, ESL instruction, medical and dental care, legal advice, computer instruction.
- TutorWe are seeking experienced tutors to work with Adult or Child learners. We will work with you to find the match that best utilizes your expertise with the needs of our clients. Many of our clients struggle with using computers or needs assistance with GED prep, or ESL. Most tutoring sessions will be held at a local library that is accessible for the tutor and client.